Saturday, April 12, 2014

Barcelona, I love you

Good morning my dear readers! I'm sitting at a lovely cafe by the Passeig de Gracia waiting  for the stores to open. I woke up early dispite being exhausted last night after being awake for 22 hours straight. Just can't sleep when I'm in one of my favorite cities! 



Yesterday was a lot of fun, although I could totally feel the waking up at 3am weighing on me a bit. We mostly just walked around, taking in the atmosphere. I love Barcelona for so many reasons - there're the beautiful Gaudi buildings, the warm and sunny weather, amazing shopping possibilities, the beach and so much more. This really is the ultimate destination and I'm so happy to be back, even just for a weekend. 



Me and some of our group are staying at the Eixample which is one of the fanciest part of the city with all the luxury brands lining the streets. Yesterday we walked down to Barcelonetta and it's beautiful beaches to just hang in the sun. The weather was beautiful, sunny but just enough windy that it wasn't hot. I got a little sunburnt though since I didn't realize to put sunscreen on that little bit of my decolte showing from my blouse. We took the gondol from Barcelonetta to Mont Juic, since we thought it'd be fun to see the city from the air. The views were great, as expected, but the line, which we thought was about 20 min long, ended up continuing once you got to the top and we had to wait for over an hour for our 5 min gondol ride. So not worth it.



What was amazing was the Sagrada Famiglia! Last time I was in Barcelona I didn't have the time to go inside so I had decided that was something I wanted to do this weekend. I got tickets online so we didn't have to wait in line, something I highly recommend doing. Our ticket included an audio guide which was pretty great and made you notice all the small details of this amazing architectural wonder. 




Now the stores are opening up, so time to go do a little bit of shopping before the bus picks us up and takes us out of the city to one of the most famous vineyards of the area for a bit of wine tasting and tapas. I'm very excited about this! 



Have a great Saturday! 

Xx

H

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post!!!!!!!!

    New post!!! elcollardesoma.blogspot.com Creations and outfits

    I follow you!!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete