Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The first day of spring

I woke up this morning with a sudden urge to start writing a blog. It came to me like spring sneaks up on winter - you know, one day you're walking outside, gloomy about the never ending cold and sleet and suddenly the sky clears up and a ray of sun hits your face and you hear a robin sing, perhaps even see a daffodil pushing it's way through the cold, hard ground, and you realize there's hope - that once again spring is about to conquer winter. I cannot even tell you, my dear reader, just how much I adore those first rays of the spring sun warming my face. It's like waking up from six months of stupor and realizing it's ok to breathe again.


The idea of blogging came to me just like that. As suddenly and surprisingly as the buds appear on the trees after a sunny spring day, yet as expectedly as the birds return from their trips from far far lands. The idea of writing a blog has been growing in my head for a while now. I've always loved writing and so I guess the question really is, what took me so long? To be honest, I'm not even sure. Sure, I've been busy, but hey, who isn't. I guess I've just bided my time, waited for that warm breeze to help me push through. It is very approriate thus, that I'm beginning this new exciting endeavor as the last bits of snow are melting away. It doesn't hurt that because of a little accident on Christmas Eve, I've practically been more or less stuck at home for the past three and a half months and I guess I finally ran out of other things to do.
So from this day on I shall blog my heart out. I'll blog mostly about the things that make me happy, about traveling, fashion and beauty, party planning, interior designing, fitness and health, but once in a while you'll find me writing about the things that really matter in life as well, like relationships and charity. Really, I guess I'm just going to write about whaterver it is that fills my soul on a particular day. 

Due to the nature of my work I won't reveal too much about myself, but because I will anyway be posting a lot of personal stuff I can tell you this much - I'm a twentysomething girl living in Helsinki, the capital of Finland (the country between Russia and Sweden which no one really seems to know about). I've just finished med school, though am no where near done with my education. Although I realize there are a lot of great things about my country, I dream of leaving Finland behind and moving to someplace warm and sunny as soon as possible. I have the biggest case of wanderlust and am constantly planning my next trip. Through my travels around the world I've learned to appreciate the beautiful things this world has to offer, as well as realized just how good we have it and feel an obligation to help those in need. So even though I really am a girlie girl who dreams of a life by the Malibu beach and loves her Luis Vuitton bags and Jimmy Choo heels as much as anyone, I also wish that one day I'll truly be able to make a difference.

I hope to bring beauty and inspiration to your daily lives. I'm a very positive and energetic person and hopefully some of that happiness can rub on to you through these posts. From time to time though, I hope to also challenge your way of thinking and encourage you to make this world a tiny bit better place to live. I'm hopefull that writing this blog can also do that for me, that in some ways it's going to help me see things in a whole new light.

So there you have it, the first chapter of my blog. I hope you enjoyed it and will come back soon! If you have any comments, critique or requests, don't hesitate to leave a note, I'd be grateful for any feedback.

xx

H

No comments:

Post a Comment