Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Decor

Happy Easter everybody! I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend off and have eaten enough chocolate eggs to satisfy your chocolate cravings until Christmas ;)

Easter is one of my favorite holdays because it brings with it the promise of spring and all in all is just a happy celebration with none of the stress that comes with Christmas. I love decorating for Easter because it really feels like I can bring the spring home.





















Usually I paint or decorate some eggshells every year. These are real eggshells - I blow out the egg inside (and make yammy omelets) so these last from year to year. My mom has a collection we've crafted throughout the years and this year I decided it was time to start my own. I was inspired by some of this springs biggest trends -chevron and polkadots as well as metallic gold and neon colors. Didn't they turn out adorable?




I also got some very cute Easter decorations from PENTIK, a Finnish design brand that makes the most beautiful ceramics and also just all kinds of adorable little things for the home.




















For me, flowers are just as important part of Easter decor as eggs. I love tulips and think they make a great Easter bouquet. Anemones are also one of my favorites.






















A Finnish tradition is to grow "Easter grass" that can be decorated with eggs and tiny chicks of just put on display by itself. This year, instead of the traditional grass I opted for the sturdier ochre. My own cultivation didn't turn out nearly as well as the one my mom gave me, though. 






















Now I'm off to celebrate with loved ones. Last night's engagement party was a huge success and we all had a great time. This really is a weekend full on laughter and joy - as Easter should be. Hope you're all enjoying your Easter weekend as well!

xx,

H

No comments:

Post a Comment